1:00PM – Prenatal Yoga with Andrea Barton
Pregnancy is a time of remarkable natural and necessary change, and is a particularly significant period of time for both mother and baby. A confident, relaxed, supported mother gives her child an excellent environment in which to grow and thrive, while also giving herself the gift of greater ease during the transition and beyond.
Prenatal yoga can help you: feel more at ease in your pregnant body; have more energy; increase your confidence during labor & delivery; deepen your connection to your unborn child; cultivate emotional resilience; experience deep physical relaxation; feel more empowered and grounded in the face of the discomforts & unknowns of pregnancy, birth, and parenting.
Join Andrea Barton for a 75-minute drop-in prenatal yoga class designed to create an ideal environment in which pregnant people can find community, connect with themselves and the tiny growing life within, and experience pregnancy as a vehicle that transforms into the person they were born to be.
In this class, you will:
• Practice movements that provide relief for common physical and mental challenges of pregnancy, including: low back & hip pain, pelvic pain, neck & shoulder tension, balance issues, nausea, insomnia, brain fog, headaches, anxiety, and depression.
• Learn how to use the breath to interrupt the fear-tension-pain cycle, and support intentional responses to stress and discomfort.
• Practice accessing your own relaxation response, in a manner that works best for you.
• Attune to the internal condition of your body, to create internal balance and self-awareness.
• Learn to trust your own instincts, your body, and your baby throughout pregnancy.
• Have space to name and process trauma as it relates to birth and/or parenting.
• Work with visualization and imagination to encourage positive associations with birth and delivery.
Classes will include a sharing circle; gentle and supportive asana offered with adaptive modifications; and breathing & visualization exercises.
This offering is for pregnant persons in all trimesters, ages 18-50. Previous experience with yoga/asana is not required. While not required, having 1-2 yoga blocks, a blanket or towel, and a yoga bolster or two supportive pillows are ideal.