In this masterclass, you will:
- Gain an understanding of the nervous system from the lenses of physiology and childhood development, as well as familial and societal contexts.
- Learn to recognize when you’re triggered, and understand why you react the way you do to the world around you.
- Practice simple & effective tools for regulating the nervous system that you can use anytime.
This class is valuable to yoga teachers, nurses and medical practitioners, therapists, clinicians, and other caregivers who want to:
- Deepen their understanding of their own nervous systems.
- Learn to work with their triggers in a skillful and compassionate way.
- Become a safe, regulating presence for their loved ones, students, patients, and/or clients.
- Engage in individual healing in the service of collective healing.
Meet your teacher:
JENN WOOTEN C-IAYT, E-RYT 500, YACEP
Jenn is a certified yoga therapist and yoga educator who has studied yoga and mindfulness for over 20 years. She has been a teacher, mentor, and group facilitator in the Austin yoga community since 2004. Her teaching style focuses on body awareness, functional movement, and resilience. The core of her teaching is helping people cultivate a yoga and mindfulness practice as a pathway for healing and wellbeing. She founded Waking Yoga which creates heart-centered and trauma-aware spaces to practice yoga in Austin and around the world.